Dental Cleanings in Lakewood, CO
Do you have a strategy for keeping your teeth clean and healthy? A good teeth cleaning strategy includes going to the dentist for professional dental cleanings. If you live in the Lakewood, Colorado, area, you can get your teeth expertly cleaned by the dental professionals at Vista Peak Dental.
What is a Dental Cleaning?
A dental cleaning is a preventive treatment you receive at our dental office. During this routine treatment, a dental professional cleans all your teeth, focusing especially on removing plaque. Plaque builds up in your mouth even if you do an excellent job brushing and flossing at home. There are places in your mouth that you can’t reach very well with your toothbrush, so you risk getting a cavity or another dental issue. A dental cleaning helps prevent those problems from happening.
Your Journey to a Great Smile Starts Here
Book your appointment today.
What Can You Expect at a Dental Cleaning Appointment?
When you come in for a routine dental cleaning, we follow these steps:
- Oral examination. The dentist will look for problems, including cavities and gum disease. The oral exam also includes an oral cancer screening. If necessary, we may take dental X-rays to see what is happening below the gumline.
- Scaling. Scaling involves the removal of plaque and tartar from your teeth. We use special dental tools to scrape the buildup from the surfaces of your teeth.
- Polishing. Get that freshly-cleaned feeling from professional tooth polishing. The polishing process cleans your teeth and creates a smooth, shiny surface.
- Fluoride treatment. Fluoride is very effective at strengthening tooth enamel and protecting your teeth against cavities. The fluoride treatment is quick and easy.
Why is it Important to Get Routine Dental Cleaning Services?
Do you ever wonder if it’s worth the time to come in for your six-month dental cleaning appointment? Actually, dental cleanings are very important to your oral health. They help prevent tooth decay and gum disease. Small issues are caught in their early stages, so you don’t have to deal with major dental restorations that could cost a lot and involve more visits to the dentist.
Dental cleanings are also effective at freshening your breath. Bad breath can be caused by the bacteria growing inside your mouth. A dental cleaning kills and removes the bacteria, leaving you with a fresh taste and smell in your mouth.
Most importantly, routine dental cleaning services help maintain good oral health so that you can smile confidently every day.
What Other Preventive Care Services are Offered at Vista Peak Dental?
At our professional dental office, we also offer the following preventive care services:
- Complete exams and x-rays. Dr. Milausnic examines all aspects of your teeth and mouth by looking inside your mouth and also carefully looking at dental X-rays.
- Dental cleanings. Removing plaque and tartar buildup during a professional cleaning helps prevent cavities and gum disease.
- Night guards, sports guards, and retainers. Protect your teeth and benefit from the various dental appliances that we offer at Vista Peak Dental.
How Can I Take Care of My Teeth at Home?
While professional dental cleanings are key to your oral health, you need to commit to regular at-home care, as well. Good oral hygiene habits include brushing twice a day and regular flossing. Limiting the amounts of sugary foods and drinks you consume will also help prevent tooth decay.
Schedule Your Next Dental Cleaning
Stay on top of your dental health by contacting us to schedule a routine dental cleaning appointment at Vista Peak Dental in Lakewood, Colorado. We are here to support you in all your dental needs, and we give each patient personalized care.